Prize Sweepstakes Official Rules
No purchase or survey participation necessary to enter or win. Void where prohibited by law.
1. This Sweepstakes: This sweepstakes begins on July 2, 2012 and ends on August 8, 2012. The sweepstakes is sponsored by PC World, 501 Second Street, San Francisco, CA 94107.
2. Who Can Enter: The sweepstakes is open to any adult legal resident of the U.S. or Canada (except Puerto Rico and Quebec) who has received an email invitation to participate in the survey to which this sweepstakes relates. Employees of PC World, its affiliates and agents, and their immediate families and household members are not eligible to participate or win. The sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted.
3. How to Enter: No survey participation is required to enter or win. Survey participation will not increase your chances of winning. Each potential entrant will have received a unique entry code in the form of an Internet address (URL) included in his or her invitation to participate in the sweepstakes. Using your entry code URL, you may enter the sweepstakes in one of two ways:
(1) Complete and submit the online survey and contact form, which are accessible on the Internet via your entry code URL; or
(2) To enter without participating in the survey, legibly print your name, street address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, complete e-mail address, and your full entry code URL on a 8.5” x 11” piece of paper, and fax to Claudette Sears at IDG Research Services, fax # 508-766-5600. Please reference “Sweepstakes – PC World's 2012 Media Usage Survey” in your fax. The entry code URL is necessary to identify the specific sweepstakes contest being entered. Faxed entries that do not include the full entry code URL address will not be valid.
All entries must be received on or before August 8, 2012, 5:00 PM EST. Only one entry per individual will be accepted, regardless of entry method. Participants must provide their email address. Notification of winning will be provided only by email. Late or incomplete entries will not be eligible. PC World is not responsible for telephone, modem, or fax failure, or for incomplete, garbled or delayed online or facsimile transmission. All entries become the exclusive property of the PC World and will not be acknowledged or returned.
4. Prize; Odds of Winning: One winner will be selected at random for a new 16GB Apple iPad with Wi-Fi (valued at $499 USD). The odds of winning are dependent on the number of eligible entries received. All federal, state, provincial, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. For purposes of compliance with tax regulations, cash prize winners must provide their Social Security numbers or taxpayer IDs to claim the prize. Only the winner will need to provide this information
5. Selection of Winner: The winners will be selected from among all qualified, timely entries in a random sweepstakes to be held within seven days after the entry deadline. If the selected winner is a Canadian resident, he or she must correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question in order to claim prize. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted a winning entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account specified in the entry. All decisions of PC World shall be final and binding.
6. Winner Notification; Claiming of Prize: The winner will be notified via email sent to the address specified in the winner’s entry. The winner will be required to respond to the email to claim the prize, and may additionally be required to sign and return a release of liability, declaration of eligibility, and where lawful, a publicity consent agreement. If the winner does not respond within 10 days of PC World’s attempted email notification, or if the winner fails to sign and return any required documents according to PC World’s reasonable instructions, an additional notification will be sent to the winner by email. If the required response is not obtained from the selected winner by the date specified in the second email notification, or if the selected winner is ineligible or otherwise fails to properly claim the prize, a replacement winner will be drawn at random. The process will be repeated until the prize is awarded.
7. Limits of Liability: By participating in the sweepstakes, you agree that PC World will have no responsibility whatsoever for losses or damages of any kind that result from acceptance, possession, or use of the prize or entry in the sweepstakes, and you further agree to release and hold harmless PC World (and its agents and representatives) from any losses, damages, claims, and liabilities arising in connection therewith. Without limiting the foregoing, PC World will not be liable for: (a) late, lost, incomplete, or improperly transmitted entries, notices, forms, or other correspondence; (b) any electronic, network, or other technical error, malfunction, or unavailability; (c) any conditions caused by events beyond PC World’s reasonable control; and (d) any printing or typographical errors in materials associated with the sweepstakes. PC World reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or cancel the sweepstakes at any time if any technical problem or outside tampering corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the sweepstakes.
8. General Terms: By entering, each participant agrees to be bound by these official rules and the decisions of PC World, which shall be final. PC World reserves the right to disqualify any person that PC World determines to be in violation of any term contained in these rules. To obtain a copy of the winner’s list, send your request, along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope, to Claudette Sears, IDG Research Services, 492 Old Connecticut Path, Suite 301, Framingham, MA 01701, Winner’s list requests must reference the entry deadline for the particular sweepstakes.