Prize Sweepstakes Official Rules
No purchase or survey participation necessary to enter or win. Void where prohibited by law.
1. This Sweepstakes: This sweepstakes begins at 12:00 a.m. EST on December 12, 2012 and ends at 5:00 p.m. EST on January 18, 2013. The sweepstakes is sponsored by ITworld, 492 Old Connecticut Path, Framingham, MA 01701 (“Sponsor”).
2. Who Can Enter: The sweepstakes is open to any adult 18 years old or older at the time of the entry and a legal resident of the 50 United-States, including the District of Columbia or Canada (except Quebec) who has received an email invitation to participate in the survey to which this sweepstakes relates. Employees of ITworld, its affiliates and agents, and their immediate families (spouse, children, parents and siblings) and household members (whether or not related) are not eligible to participate or win. The sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law and subject to all laws.
3. How to Enter: No survey participation is required to enter or win. Survey participation will not increase your chances of winning. Each potential entrant will have received a unique entry code in the form of an Internet address (URL) included in his or her invitation to participate in the sweepstakes. Using your entry code URL, you may enter the sweepstakes in one of two ways:
(1) Complete and submit the online survey and contact form, which are accessible on the Internet via your entry code URL; or
(2) To enter without participating in the survey, legibly print your name, street address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, complete e-mail address, and your full entry code URL on a 8.5” x 11” piece of paper, and fax to Claudette Sears at IDG Research Services, fax # 508-766-5600. Please reference “Sweepstakes Drawing – ITworld's Cloud Computing Survey” in your fax. The entry code URL is necessary to identify the specific sweepstakes contest being entered. Faxed entries that do not include the full entry code URL address will not be valid.
All entries must be received on or before January 18, 2013, 5:00 PM EST. Only one entry per individual will be accepted, regardless of entry method. Participants must provide their e-mail address. Notification of winning will be provided only by e-mail. Late or incomplete entries will not be eligible. Sponsor is not responsible for telephone, modem, broadband, or fax failure, or for incomplete, garbled or delayed online or facsimile transmission. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
4. Prize; Odds of Winning: One winner will be randomly selected a $500 cash prize. The odds of winning are dependent on the number of eligible entries received. All federal, state, provincial, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. No prize transfer or cash or other substitutions, except that Sponsor may substitute a prize, in whole or in part, for one of comparable or greater value in the event the advertised prize (or any component thereof) is unavailable. For purposes of compliance with tax regulations, the winners must provide his or her Social Security numbers or taxpayer IDs to claim the prize. Only the winner will need to provide this information
5. Selection of Winner: The winners will be selected from among all qualified, timely entries in a random drawing to be held within seven days after the entry deadline. If the selected winner is a Canadian resident, he or she must correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question in order to claim prize. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted a winning entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account specified in the entry. All decisions of Sponsor shall be final and binding.
6. Winner Notification; Claiming of Prize: The winner will be notified via e-mail sent to the address specified in the winner’s entry. The winner will be required to respond to the e-mail to claim the prize, and may additionally be required to sign and return a release of liability, declaration of eligibility, and where lawful, a publicity consent agreement. If the winner does not respond within 10 days of Sponsor’s attempted e-mail notification, or if the winner fails to sign and return any required documents according to Sponsor’s reasonable instructions, an additional notification will be sent to the winner by e-mail. If the required response is not obtained from the selected winner by the date specified in the second e-mail notification, or if the selected winner is ineligible or otherwise fails to properly claim the prize, a replacement winner will be drawn at random. The process will be repeated until the prize is awarded.
7. Limits of Liability; Releases: By participating in the sweepstakes, you agree that Sponsor will have no responsibility whatsoever for losses or damages of any kind that result from acceptance, possession, or use of the prize or entry in the sweepstakes, and you further agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor (and its parent, divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents and representatives) from any costs or losses to person including injury or death, property or reputation, damages, claims, and liabilities arising in connection therewith. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor will not be liable for: (a) late, lost, incomplete, or improperly transmitted entries, notices, forms, or other correspondence; (b) any electronic, network, or other technical error, malfunction, or unavailability; and (c) any conditions caused by events beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control; Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or cancel the sweepstakes at any time if any technical problem or outside tampering corrupts the administration, security, or proper play of the sweepstakes. Any promotional materials including, without limitation, the offer or these official rules, which contain production, printing, or typographical errors, or are obtained outside authorized, legitimate channels are void; and Sponsor’s liability, if any, is limited to the replacement of such materials. Recipients of such materials release, Sponsor, its parent, affiliated, and subsidiary companies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agent from any and all losses, claims, or damages that may result therefrom. Winner grants to Sponsor (except where prohibited by law) the unrestricted right to print, publish, broadcast, and use worldwide in any media now known or hereinafter known, the winner’s name, state of residence, voice, statement, picture, or other likeness, without additional compensation or right of review or approval for public relations, advertising, and promotional purposes as may be determined by Sponsor.
8. Arbitration/choice of law: Except where
prohibited, participants agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of
action arising out of or connected with this sweepstakes shall be resolved
exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration
Association then effective, and any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall
be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred by participant relating to
this sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees, punitive, incidental, consequential
or other damages. All issues and
question concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and
enforceability of these official rules, or the rights and obligations of participants
and ITworld and/or ITworld’s agencies in connection
with the sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the
laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without regard for conflicts of law
doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in Suffolk County,
9. General Terms: By entering, each participant agrees to be bound by these official rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any person that Sponsor determines to be in violation of any term contained in these official rules. To obtain a copy of the winner’s list, send your request, along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope, to Claudette Sears, IDG Research Services, 492 Old Connecticut Path, P.O. Box 9151 Framingham, MA 01701, Winner’s list requests must reference the entry deadline for the particular sweepstakes.